Friday, February 10, 2012

A little help from Cesar Millan

Hello bloggers!
Chuck
Okay, since I'm gonna have a new baby I want to share a couple of things that I learned from the show THE DOG WHISPERER.


But first, I want to tell everyone that my aunt's dog had a litter of puppies and I've been first in line for like 2months now but I actually need to wait for another two months coz I can't take the puppy away from it's mother yet.


Ever since my Chuck was dog napped I haven't been the same, I don't really know if this is possible, because before, I'm addicted to dogs and I love them, but now I'm more IN LOVE with them.


Whenever I see stray dogs outside I have this motherly instinct that I want to take them home, feed them, take good care of them and love them. If only my mom would allow me to have more than one dog it would be the greatest feeling ever. If ever I'm going to have my own place I might have more than 5 dogs inside that house.

Anyway,let's go back to Cesar. So I've been watching The Dog Whisperer for like a year now, never missed a show btw and I've learned a couple of things. I thought I was doing good with taking care of my previous dogs but I actually wasn't.


RULES:


NO TOUCH, NO TALK NO EYE CONTACT  - Cesar Millan always and I mean always mention this on his show. Especially when it's your first time meeting this dog. It's like human interaction, you need to GAIN the dog's trust before you pet them and talk to them.


STUDY THE DOG'S MOVEMENTS - Other people doesn't normally do this coz not all of us knows how to. When you see a dog ears forward, lunging position and with a tensed tail, you have got to back off. I mean that dog will murder you if you took another step but when you see a dog lowering it's head, tail down, and ears back, that my friend is what you call a SUBMISSIVE DOG.


BEING THE PACK LEADER - You need to be the pack leader when it comes to having a family and a dog. Sometimes when the dog is being dominant, you end up being a member of the pack instead of being the pack leader. Some dogs are territorial, you need to clam that territory back to be the pack leader.

CALM ENERGY - Dogs can sense your energies, if you're scared the dog will be dominant over you, if you're tensed so will that dog beside you. You always have to be CALM when a dog is near.

NEUTER YOUR MALE DOGS - This is optional of course it is one way for your dog to be less aggressive, because the male testosterone of a dog can be overwhelming to them. Do this before the dog turns 8 months because that is the age of their maturity. They will be aggressive and dominant and it is another way to not over populate dogs in our country, we don't want to see more stray dogs outside without a home do we? I don't think so.


So that's it for now coz I can't remember the other stuff but I will update this. :)
I hope this helps you and your dog.


"A FAMILY WITHOUT A DOG, IS INCOMPLETE"
- Cesar Millan -



UPDATE #1: Here's the update and I hope that my blog is helping you guys with your pets.


ADOPTING -  When you adopt a new member of your pack, there will be requirements, not just "hey you're cute". Other people adopt dogs because of how they look, Cesar Millan actually had an episode in season 4 on how to adopt the perfect pet for you. You should be alert on how the dog behaves around you when they first sees you, because there will be dogs who are a lot more overexcited, dominant and just plain scared. Pick the right energy that suits yours, because this dog will be with you for the rest of its life. You wouldn't want a member of the pack to destroy everything in sight or go to a corner of a room and just hides there, because it's not just you who will suffer the dog that you adopted will suffer too. Again, I remind you guys to think first before you adopt.

CORRECTING YOUR PET - Most dogs will do things that will definitely annoy you, for instance my dog Dadi keeps jumping on my bed (and sometimes he's kind of dirty) and when I saw an episode on the Dog Whisperer that is similar to my problem with Dadi I learned that when ever they disobey you, you just have to correct them until they get the point, after that you should give them treats so they will think that when ever you correct them there will be something good in return. Get it? Oh crap, I hope you get this one. Just have patience and I know it's easier said than done but this is for you and your pet it's not for someone else you know.

TREAT YOUR DOG AS A DOG - Cesar Millan said that you should not treat your pet like a real person. I totally forgot why but I think that it's a way of spoiling your pets and it's not really helpful for the dog. I will try to search about it and post it here really soon.



UPDATE #2: Another update, coz I'm actually watching The Dog Whisperer right now (06-27-12)



SOCIAL SKILLS OF A DOG - When you have a pack of dogs and they socialize with each other normally that doesn't mean they will do the same when it comes to other dogs. To them they are strangers too, so the owner must carefully watch the dog but in a calming way and should always trust the dog, because it can interfere with the dog's energy and it can quickly turn it into a fight. So just be in a calm state of mind when you're with  your pack members.

HOW THEY PLAY WITH OTHER DOGS - Owners should cautiously watch their pets when they play with other dogs, especially when they have different breeds; For instance I have a labrador and my friend owns a pitbull both dogs play differently when they nip at each other, since the pitbull has a stronger jaw, it might hurt the labrador coz unlike pitbulls the labrador was not bred to have stronger jaws. So just be very wary about the dogs when they play.

DOGS NEED TO MATE EVERY 6 MONTHS - Believe it or not Cesar Millan mentioned this. They really do have to mate every 6 months, unless you want to have a frustrated dog. Basically when dogs doesn't release "it" they get really frustrated or irritated, they usually bite, jump on you just anything that they can take their frustration at. If you can let them mate every 6 months you won't have any problem with your loving K9 friend.



Lots of love from Me and Dadi.. :)

Thank you all!


Follow me on twitter:   https://twitter.com/#!/Sayinlezboland


Contact me at:   fashionjunkie024@gmail.com

Subscribe to my channel:   http://www.youtube.com/user/fashionjunkie024

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Who wouldn't right??
      He's one of the greatest.. :)

      Delete
  2. Very informative. I love dogs as well. We have more than 10 native and 2 japanese breed pets. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is the only show I watch in NatGeo. Haha. I am so stunned by his capabilities to tame a dog. I'm likewise hoping to adapt some of his techniques since one of my baby dogs is really spoiled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ur dog is cute :) i was wondering if he can whisper to other animals because im into cats hehe just a thought though

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tips. Do you have any tips in buying pet dog? I just saw a dog that looks like a bear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uhmm I think you should just adopt instead of buying one. Save a life. As for adopting or buying one, you should check the update part on this post. Don't just buy the dog because it looks like a bear, buy the dog because you feel like it's the right one. I hope this helped.

      Delete
  7. I watch Cesar Millan's program. Thanks for the post. I'll try to apply the tips you shared to my pet dogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm actually not a pet lover maybe coz of my allergies, but I did have a jap spitz when I was a kid..

    Great tips he got there!

    ReplyDelete